Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Condolences To The Late Steve Irwin

I know the truth, but I can't accept it.
The one person whom I know was the pioneer.
1st to achieve such success in his love for his job.
Rescuing animals and reptiles of all sort.
And placing them into better homes.

That's Steve Irwin.
He was the one I remembered on TV for being so courageous.
Hurrying in to catch that snake or crocodile without hesitation.
On his legendary TV programmes, 'Croc Files'.
I loved him and he was just great to watch.

But last night while filming a TV documentary called Ocean's Deadliest,
news caught up with me that he had died.
He was stung by a stingray, a 'bull ray'.
In his chest he took the barbed tail that left a hole in his heart.
Barely conscious, he was hauled back to his research vessel.
However, it was too late to bring him back.
He left behind a wife and 2 children.

I remember him for being that very friendly person on his own show.
Brave and courageous too, and his forever calling those creatures he's holding, mate or buddy.
But I didn't expect him to pass way so soon.
This only reaffirms that life is short and further forces us to make the best of it.

It's such a pity that he left 2 young children and a wife behind.
I only hope that they can take the news and move on.
It's the only way.

Value life while alive.